Sunday, May 19, 2013

Stripped

StrippedTitle: Stripped
Author: Brooklyn Skye
Publication date: May 14th 2013

Overview
College freshman Quinn Montgomery will do anything to avoid the mistake her sister made—killing herself over a boy. But when she is forced into nude modeling at a local college to support her family after a bankruptcy, she begins to crack, just enough to let Torrin, the university’s top varsity oarsman, see that the real Quinn is not as feisty and unapproachable as she wants everyone to think. But letting someone in comes at a steep cost and, it turns out, Torrin is connected to Quinn’s family in more ways than she could ever imagine.

“I like you.” His voice is low and soft, which I don’t deserve. I look away, down the rutted parking lot.
“Don’t... waste those words on me.”
He touches my cheek. “You just need someone to show you.”
“No.” I ease back again. “I don’t. So please, Torrin, stop trying to swoop in and save me. I don’t need saving.”

Review

I don't know where to start but I guess if I had to sum it up....WOW, just wow. I was so absorbed into this book that I read it all in one sitting! The synopsis of this book had me intruiged from the start but the book is definitely way better than the description!

Stripped is about two people with damaged pasts and hidden secrets. Now this may sound a little similar to other books but it's not. Let me tell you, Stripped was very different from other books I've read and left me wondering and thinking about it days after I finished reading it. It took me so long to be able to write a review and even this is not good enough to describe the book itself. You have to read it yourself to live the true experience!

"Mom hadn't told me losing my only sister would be like losing a part of me, the part which made me feel like everything in life would be okay."

Quinn is dealing with the loss of her older sister and belives that her sister killed herself because of her boyfriend. Because of this, Quinn promises herself to never fall in love so she won't end up like her sister. Quinn was actually really easy to relate to and was a very great and interesting character. The way Brooklyn wrote the book allows the reader to connect to Quinn on a much more emotional level.

Torrin was a very sweet guy who always looked out for Quinn and teased her constantly. The scenes between the two of them were at times steamy or just plain cute! However, Torrin and Quinn have secrets but under all those secrets, they share one devastating fact. This fact will either ruin them or just prove that love can withstand everything.

The ending was really unexpected and I actually teared cause of it. Stripped was a very enjoyable read and gave me a great look on life. The fact that the book dealt with suicide but still managed to keep me interested was really amazing as I usually try to avoid these kind of books. Brooklyn Skye is a very talented writer and Stripped is a great addition to the lists of amazing books I've read and to the overall NA genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment