Monday, April 08, 2013

Feature: Aversion by Kenechi Udogu



Aversion (Book One of The Mentalist Series)
For Gemma Green’s first time, things should have been straightforward. Find your subject, hold their gaze and push a thought into their head to save them from future disaster – Aversion complete. A pretty simple process given that the subject was to have no recollection of the experience. But Russ Tanner doesn’t seem to want to forget. In fact the more she tries to avoid him, the more he pushes to get to know her. Gemma knows she has a problem but is she facing the side effects of a failed Aversion or has the school’s tennis champ really fallen for her?

Quick fire questions


1.       What’s your dream vacation?
Somewhere warm, preferably with a beach and a spa. I hate the cold even though I live in a country where it is less than 18°C for over 9 months in the year. Brrrr.
2.       What is the last film you saw?
In cinema? Silver Linings Playbook – loved, loved, loved this and would highly recommend it. At home? For Coloured Girls – this one tackled pretty harrowing issues so was worth the watch.
3.       Vanilla or chocolate?
Vanilla. Boring, but I don’t like chocolate.
4.       Edward or Jacob?
Jacob! First of all, he’s alive. Secondly he’s way hotter than Edward in the books and in the movies.
5.       Hockey or soccer?
Soccer (it’s called football in the UK though).
6.       Ebook or paper?
Both. Ebooks for my train commute and paperbacks for bedtime.
7.       Phone call or email?
Emails. I like to talk (a lot) but writing is so much more liberating.
8.       Early bird or night owl?
Night owl. I’ve been called a nocturnal being in the past because I’m quite happy to stay up well past midnight but will complain all day when I have to wake up early.
9.       Dog or cat?
We had lots of cats and dogs when I was growing up so I’d say both. But I’d probably be a cat lady if I had to choose one.
10.   Messy or neat?
Organised mess. My room and desk look like bomb sites but I know exactly where everything is.


No comments:

Post a Comment