Sunday, February 10, 2013

Unmaking Hunter Kennedy

Unmaking Hunter KennedyTitle: Unmaking Hunter Kennedy
Author: Anne Eliot
Publisher: Butterfly Books, LLC

Overview

After a car accident--an event he considers a prank gone bad--pop star, Hunter Kennedy is forced to hide out with his aunt in small-town Colorado. He’s supposed to rest, heal his scars and attend high school in disguise until the press dies down. But he only wants to get back to work.

Worse, the girl who’s been assigned to make him over into a geek is a major geek herself. Vere Roth is a chattering pixie, a blushing tornado and a complete social disaster. He’s never met a girl who’s never-been-kissed, believes in romance and thinks Hunter’s a 'nice' guy.

Funny thing is...Hunter is nice around Vere because she’s his first real friend. He also can’t seem to stop sharing his secrets or keep her out of his heart. Knowing he’d never deserve a girl as sweet as Vere, he resigns himself to the friend zone, and helps his new bestie with her own makeover.

She tortures him daily for ridiculous guy advice on how to snag her life-long crush. A guy Hunter thinks is totally wrong for Vere, and sadly, one who has taken note of Vere’s transformation.

When Vere asks her best friend for some kissing advice, Hunter can’t resist...

And that’s when things get out of control...

High School Romance, first love, sweet romance

Reveiw
This book has just what you need for a fun, inspiring and heart-warming day. It's the type of book that makes you wish you had that kind of love in your life, that passion and raw emotion that leaves you breathless and gasping for more. It's the type of book romance lovers will flock to. It's the type of book I need.

Let's start off with a brief summary. Basically, the blurb on the back of this book says it all so I won't have to go into much detail. Hunter Kennedy is a pop star and after a dreadful accident that places his life on the line, he's sent to a therapist and from then on, the story really begins to unfold.

Vere and her brother, Curtis, are sent to take care of Hunter and hide his profile from the world while he attends school with them in Colorado. Together, thay transform Hunter into a geeky and low-class school kid by the name of Dustin McHugh and in return for helping Hunter, Vere gets some advice on how to win the hear ot her forever cruch, Curtis.

But what's this? Aaaah, it's my favorite and least favorite part...when Hunter realises he's starting to fall for Vere but Vere loves another guy (Why do people love to torture me?). Although he likes her, he still helps her out by giving her a makeover as well. Soon enough, Curtis is falling for her and when Vere needs advice on kissing, Hunter can't resist. This is when things actually start too get a little heated up. STOP reading if you don't want any spoilers of the ending cause I'm gonna say it! ( Though it's pretty obvious what the ending will be, it still gets me all worked up about it)

So after the kissing scene, Vere still thinks she loves Curtis, even after Hunter's speech of how much he likes her. (NO!!! See what I mean? They keep torturing me!) Later,Vere heads off to a party which Curtis is attending. Meanwhile, the paparazzi have discovered Hunter's identity and things are starting to tear them apart. But like any book I love, they find a way back together :) HOORAY!!!

Vere realises what a total moron Curtis is and ends up repeating an event which happened before ( Won't tell you it but it's pretty hilarious and depressing at the same time). Hunter admits to the whole world his love for Vere. And then decides to stay with her for the rest of the school year :)

My favorite quote:
“Don‟t cry,” he pleaded. “I have to finish. For the first time in my life, I love and understand the person I see when I look in a mirror. It's the same person I see reflected back at me in your beautiful eyes. It's simply me. And I like me how you like me. As is. Scarred,with a too-low voice, always hungry and everything else in between.”

Overall, I loved every moment of this book. Felt everything right down to the secrets which tore them apart. The ending was beautiful and well-written. People may argue that it was so cheesy but, to me, I loved it and still do. It was very easy to connect with the characters and the message Anne has sent to us will always be in my mind and I thank her for that.

Remember, just remember this one thing: Don't hide or be ashamed of anything you feel but please don't hurt yourself.You are not alone. You are NOT alone. YOU ARE NOT ALONE. Tell someone. Talk to someone. Please. Ask for help. You are important, you are beautiful and you are worth everything. There are best friends and amazing people you haven't met yet... they are real...and they are waiting for you.

I will hold on to that from now and forever...

No comments:

Post a Comment