Saturday, February 02, 2013

Starseed by Liz Gruder

Title: Starseed
Author: Liz Gruder
Publisher: Wido Publishing

Overview
Kaila Guidry was born on Earth but she knows she’s different.
It isn’t until she meets Jordyn Stryker that she finds out just how different.
Jordyn Stryker was born and raised far from Earth. He’s one of six starseed students new to Bush High, sent there to learn human ways. But Jordyn didn’t count on meeting Kaila. Or falling in love.
When Kaila is pushed to her limit by high school bullying and cruelty, Jordyn awakens Kaila to a new reality—and to love.  But to prove her loyalty, Kaila must look the other way as the starseeds’ real purposes unfold.
Can Kaila and Jordyn’s love survive when the lives of millions hang in the balance?  As the horrific plan to dominate Earth moves inexorably forward, their impossible love match means both Jordyn and Kaila have to determine where their real loyalties lie.
Review
First of all, I would like to thank Liz for allowing me to read her book and for providing the arc.I kind of took a risk with this book as I'm not really into sci-fi but I'm glad I did cause Starseed blew me away! It was just that good. The start was a little boring but still managed to keep me entertained and when it hit the middle...I just couldn't stop! All those secrets and plots really kept me hooked and how they communicate with the mind and control people really makes me jealous. It'd be so cool to be able to do that but kind of scary if people controlled you, I guess. The worst part were the abductions! I'm just glad Kaila was there to protect her friends Pia and Melissa from further harm!
The moments that Jordyn and Kaila had were really sweet and it hurt so, so badly when Kaila found out he lied. And the mysterious Priscilla, whom we find out who she truly is in the end, kept me wondering and thinking.Oh, the tension is killing me already. Better stop soon before I tell you everything...There were so many emotions to feel and so many precious moments. I loved this book and can't wait for the next one. Problem is...this book just released so it may be awhile till the next. Nonetheless, I would still recommend this book to all sci-fi lovers and, to those who aren't into it, take a chance. Who knows? You may love this book just as much as I did! Liz Gruder is definitely an author you should keep a look out for as she has great talent in writing and a huge imagination. Starseed was a wonderful read and very different from other books I've read. It was a very nice change from what I usually read and kept me enticed all the way.
You can view more info and where to order Starseed at Liz's website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment