Saturday, February 16, 2013

Oath of Servitude

Oath of Servitude (The Punishment Sequence)Title: Oath of Servitude (The Punishment Sequence)
Author: C.E. Wilson
Publisher: C.E. Wilson

Overview
This is the story of Teague and Cailin, two teenagers who have been brought together by fate. Teague, a human, struggles to come to terms with the consequences of a recent accident that has destroyed the happy life that he had once enjoyed. Cailin, a pixi, is trying to stay true to herself while fighting against forces beyond her control that have exiled her from her home into this strange world of humans. She fears the darkness. He cannot escape it. But when the two of them are thrown together, they begin to discover the light inside of themselves.

Review
First of all, I'd like to thank the author for giving me a copy of this book. For if it weren't for you, I wouldn't have just enjoyed one of the best books I have read this year. No kidding. It was seriously good.

Oath of Servitude....hmmmm, where to start? How about this, it was original (I've never read anything like this before - ever), it was well thought out, had interesting characters which were easy to like, had me on edge through the entire book, was really intriguing, kept me entertained (Romance and arguments - my fav) and...well, I might as well just save all your time by saying that I loved every second of this book!

This book was told in different points of views of different characters. A very hard thing to do and a huge risk but it paid off. Calin, the main character of the story is a pixi, and the tallest amongst her kind. Yet, that would only be a foot tall. Imagine yourself, having to be considered super tall with your own kind and then feel ridiculously short when placed with humans. That's a sad enough life for me and, yet, it gets worse when she is forced to serve this oath to her father's friend. This however, had to be done or else they would've sent her to the darkness (*plays mysterious and creepy music).

So, off she goes to live with the humans for an entire year to help the son of a family friend. And this son, would be none other than Teague. Teague faces problems such as drinking after he lost his sight by an accident in a baseball game and, so, this is what Calin is called upon to help him with. Too bad they get off at a rough start.

Oh well, all is perfect after Teague finds out what Calin really is but then, here is where the plotting comes in. Those evil, little pixies who crave power and apparently are sort of sadistic, kidnap Calin's sister and force Calin to break her oath by running away to save her sister. Oh, the torture! Teague and Calin were just starting to show feelings for each other and then you make her run away and break Teague's heart! And worse! He calls his ex? WHY must the world be cruel to me?!?

So....I'm not going to spoil the rest for you but there is a cliff hanger! A CLIFF HANGER! Must I be tortured anymore? Apparently so. MUST HAVE THE NEXT BOOK NOW!!!

~Stay tuned for an interview and giveaway of this book~


2 comments:

  1. I read this one some time ago as well and defiantly agree with the fact that it was insanely original! I don't think I''d ever read about Pixis before Oath Of Servitude but I'm glad that I picked it up :D Great review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, I just found you on Goodreads and am I glad! I hadn't heard about this book before, it looks awesome! At first when I saw the cover I thought: ehhh, but at the same time I was transfixed, then I read your review and I'm sold! Running to my Kindle...

    ReplyDelete