Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Liebster Award

The rules of the Liebster Award are as follows:

1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you;

2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees;

3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)

4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ok, so I would like to give a shout out to Kezia D for nominating me! You can visit her wonderful blog @ Pansycake Reader. I honestly didn't expect this at all and I am so grateful :) Again, this was soooo unexpected as I've just started my blog and it hasn't even been that long!
So here are my answers to those 11 questions:
1. What was the first book you ever read? What did you think of it?
The first YA book I've ever read was Divergent by Veronica Roth. The moment I saw this book - and this is goig to sound cheesy (but it's true) - I knew I had to read it, like it was actually shouting READ ME!!! And I don't regret reading it. I loved every moment of it and since then it has been my favorite book of all time (and still is).
2. YA movie adaptations - Like it or hate it? Why?
I've got to say I am sort of in between but if I had to choose, it would definitely be the book. I mean, movies are great and all but I hate it when they change the storyline and when the characters aren't how you pictured them.
3. Which one do you prefer, Hardcover or Paperback?
Hardcover, it just looks nicer to me...but it depends cause if the design is nicer on the paperback then I'd go for that (You must be thinking I'm crazy now, right?).
4. Who is your favorite fictional character? Why?
Wow, this is a tough one....ermm...I think I've got to go with Clary from The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. She's just the type of character I like and envy. She's enthusiastic, independent and has a great boyfriend (HEHEH). Also, she is smart and quirky and would do anything for those she cares about. Clary is just one of those characters which are fun and easy to relate to :)
5. What is the most beautiful book cover you have ever seen?
I'm gonna split this up by years....the most beautiful book cover of 2012 would be Everneath by Brodi Ashton. I love the dress and gracefulness of the cover....really beautiful.
6. Fanfiction - Love it or hate it? Why?
Love it. I find that it's a really great way to express your love for a book and plus you get to see what others are thinking. It also keeps you busy while sitting through that torturous time when waiting for the next book.
7. What's your childhood dream? Have you achieved it or do you intend to make it come true?
 I never really had a childhood dream but I wanted to be an Olympic swimmer. I kind of stopped training though, so I'm just average and probably won't pursue after it :(
8. What are three countries you want to visit? Why do you want to go there?
 I want to go to New York, Florida and Hawaii. That's probably because, when I was a kid and lived in Arizona, I always sort of dreamed about going to those places just for the fun of it, nothing much. Oh and I would love to go to all the coutries where my favorite authors live but I'm not going to name all of them......way too many.
9. If you were a Disney character, who would  you be? Why?
 Ermm...I don't know how and who to choose....sorry...but I can't answer this one.
10. How many hours in a day do you spend reading or blogging?
The answer varies throughout the year. If it's a weekday...not that much. Weekend? A lot more and if it's a school holiday, don't even get me started. I literally go all out on the last one. (sometimes the entire day!!!)
11. What do you think is the most depressing fictional character's death and why?
Something that would really kill me would be if one the fictional characters actually died by sacrificing themselves. So sad and devastating...
11 Random facts about me
1. I love cats <3
2. I am a crazy fan for Divergent and would do almost anything for the last book!
3. My favorite subjects are Geography and Chemistry.
4. I used to live in Phoenix, Arizona !!! (but secretly supported the Lakers....SORRY!!!)
5. I plan on returning back to Phoenix one day.
6. When I was a kid, I've always wanted to be an olympic swimmer.
7. Most of my friends find me crazy when I keep rambling on about books everytime I get a chance.
8. I have an acount on Twitter and Goodreads - Friend me!!!
9. Before reading, I was addicted to video games :)
10. My birthday is on February 6th.
11. I hope to make more friends with booklovers worldwide :) and if you follow me and contact me/ leave a comment with your blog's URL, I will follow you back.

 

11 Questions for My Nominees

1. What's your favorite genre for reading?
2. When did you start blogging?
3. Any favorite books or recommended books to read?
4. What's your favorite song, tv series or movie?
5. Books or Movies? Why?
6. Who's your favorite character of all time?
7. Do you have any other hobbies besides reading or blogging?
8. Which book character would best describe you?
9. Do you have any book boyfriends/girlfriends? Who? Or if you don't, who do you like the most?
10.Which book would you want to be turned into a movie?
11. Where's your favorite place to read?

My Nominees
http://throughthegateway.blogspot.co.uk/
http://eternallovebooks.blogspot.com/
http://www.nocturnereads.com/
http://bookstoburyyourselfin.blogspot.com/
http://secretlifeofcrystal.blogspot.com/

http://raindropreads.blogspot.com/

http://rosejbell.blogspot.de/
 
http://babblingofabookaholic.blogspot.mx/
http://tara-fuller.blogspot.com/


http://thebrokenshelf.wordpress.com/

2 comments:

  1. Yay, thanks for nominating me! :) I loved Divergent, too, and the wait for the last book is killing me! And Clary's one of my favourite YA protagonists. :)

    ReplyDelete