Saturday, November 24, 2012

Shatter Me

Title: Shatter Me
Author: Tahereh Mafi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication date: 10/2/2012
Overview

I have a curse.

I have a gift.

I'm a monster.
I'm more than human.

My touch is lethal.
My touch is power.

I am their weapon.I will fight back.

No one knows why Juliette's touch is fatal, but The Reestablishment has plans for her. Plans to use her as a weapon. But Juliette has plans of her own. After a lifetime without freedom, she's finally discovering a strength to fight back for the very first time—and to find a future with the one boy she thought she'd lost forever.
In this electrifying debut, Tahereh Mafi presents a riveting dystopian world, a thrilling superhero story, and an unforgettable heroine.
Review:
This book was absolutely AMAZING!!! The entire story just flowed perfectly and I just couldn't stop myself from reading on. The book starts off with Juliette in a prison cell, explaining that she hasn't touched anyone within 264 days. Next, a guy by the name of Adam is placed in her cell. From then on, events start to lead up quickly as Juliette discovers that The Reestablishment wants to use her and that Adam is actually a soldier and was part of their plan. However, even though Juliette feels sort of betrayed by Adam, her feelings start to deepen and they soon discover that Adam is the only one who can touch her without being hurt.
As the next half of the book leads on , they plan their escape. (I'm not giving away much of this part but, Juliette finds out that this other guy can also touch her. But she doesn't tell anyone!). This is when things really start to speed up. The ending was unexpected, for me, and apart from the fact that some parts of the book seemed repetitive, it was definitely worth the read!

1 comment:

  1. This is a book that seems to have come out of nowhere for me. All of the sudden, I'm seeing it everywhere. It definitely look like something I need to get my hands on. Great review!

    I'm a new follower, and I'm loving the blog so far.

    Kelly @ http://www.paper-fantasies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete